Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governing Council of the University of Lagos has appointed Prof. Theophilus Soyombo as the Acting Vice Chancellor of the institution.
This was contained in a statement by the Registrar/ Secretary to the Council, Oladejo Azeez. The statement said the Council made the appointment at a meeting held in the early hours of Thursday in Abuja.
The Council, headed by Dr Wale Babalakin, SAN, had on Wednesday removed Ogundipe as the VC of the school.
This was the climax of the faceoff between Babalakin and Ogundipe which led to the school’s chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, declaring Babalakin an unwanted visitor to the university.
The development prevented the Council from sitting on campus and had to shift its sitting to Abuja.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%