Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Kano Upper Shariah Court has on Wednesday sentenced a sixty, 60-year-old man, identified as Mati Abdu to death by stoning for raping a minor.
Abdu, who hails from Farsa village in Tsanyawa Local Government area of Kano State was said to have allegedly raped a 12 year old girl in a broad day light and under a tree at Farsa Village sometimes in 2019.
The Presiding Judge of the Shariah court sitting in Kofar Kudu, Khadi Ibrahim Sarki Yola gave the judgment after finding Abdu guilty of the offence.
Yola however sentenced Abdu based on Section 127 sub section (b) of the Kano State Shariah Penal Code Law 2000.
Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Barrister Badariya Shehu Bala said the convict committed the offence about 1:00 p.m where he had unlawful sexual intercourse with the 12-year-old girl under a tree situated at Farsa village, Tsanyawa local government area in Kano.
He (Abdu) pleaded guilty of offence.
The offence contravenes Section 126 of Kano State Shariah Penal Code Law 2000.
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC