Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama has tested negative to the Coronavirus infection, three weeks after he initially announced he tested positive.
The Minister had on July 19, confirmed that he tested positive to the virus after the result of his fourth test following a throat irritation.
“Did my fourth Covid-19 test yesterday at the first sign of a throat irritation and unfortunately this time it came back positive.
“That is life! win some lose some. Heading for isolation in a health facility and praying for the best.” he had tweeted.
In another tweet on Wednesday, 12th August, Onyeama in a post on his Twitter account, confirmed that he has fully recovered.
The minister wrote, “By the very special grace of God, my latest COVID-19 test result came back negative after three weeks isolation.
“I am eternally grateful to my family, the C-in-C and VP, the medical team, relations, friends, colleagues, religious leaders and numerous well-wishers, who through their care, prayers, fasting, messages of support and encouragement never let me walk alone.”
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate