Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama has tested negative to the Coronavirus infection, three weeks after he initially announced he tested positive.
The Minister had on July 19, confirmed that he tested positive to the virus after the result of his fourth test following a throat irritation.
“Did my fourth Covid-19 test yesterday at the first sign of a throat irritation and unfortunately this time it came back positive.
“That is life! win some lose some. Heading for isolation in a health facility and praying for the best.” he had tweeted.
In another tweet on Wednesday, 12th August, Onyeama in a post on his Twitter account, confirmed that he has fully recovered.
The minister wrote, “By the very special grace of God, my latest COVID-19 test result came back negative after three weeks isolation.
“I am eternally grateful to my family, the C-in-C and VP, the medical team, relations, friends, colleagues, religious leaders and numerous well-wishers, who through their care, prayers, fasting, messages of support and encouragement never let me walk alone.”
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force