Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development has announced that registration of Batch C of N-Power has closed
The registration which commenced on the 26th of June 2020 was initially scheduled to end on the 26th of July but the Ministry extended the date by two weeks to avail those that were unable to do so to apply. A total of 5,042,001 Nigerian youths have applied as at the end of the exercise.
In a statement in Abuja on Monday 10th of August, 2020, the Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq, re-assured Nigerians that due diligence will be applied during the next stages of the selection to ensure that only duly qualified applicants are enrolled. The Ministry will ensure that the applicants, as well as the general public, are kept fully informed on the progress of the scheme.
The Minister further added that the N-Power program is aimed to provide the Nigerian youths with opportunities to gain skills for employability and entrepreneurship which will also go along way in assisting the country towards the post Covid 19 economic recovery. She added that women and persons with disability will be prioritized during the selection.
Sadiya Umar Farouq added that her Ministry remains committed to the vision of President Muhammadu Buhari to lift 100 Hundred million Nigerians out of Poverty in the next l0 years and identified the N-power as one of the platforms that can assist in the realization of that vision.
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter