Estimated Reading Time: 1
The remains of the late former senator, Buruju Kashamu, have been buried.
He was buried at about 12:55 pm on Sunday at his Ijebu-Igbo home.
Earlier, Punch reports that the Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, was at the Ijebu-Igbo home of the deceased politician.
Also, a crowd of sympathisers and loyalists of the late Senator, who represented Ogun East Senatorial District between 2015 and 2019, thronged Kashamu’s Ijebu-Igbo home.
Kashamu died on Saturday, due to COVID-19-related complications at the age of 62.
Our Correspondent learnt that the remains of Kashamu arrived from Lagos on Saturday night in Ogun for burial.
Many residents who spoke with our Correspondent described Kashamu as a philanthropist whose contributions to humanity could not be quantified.
The entire town wore a mournful look as sympathisers who cut across religious beliefs and political party affiliations were all on ground to bid the late politician goodbye.
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021