Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Working Committee of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, has constituted an electoral committee that would conduct the Cross River State congress on Saturday, August 8.
According to a statement by the National Organising Secretary of the party, Colonel Austin Akobundu (retd.), Mr Talib Tebite would serve as the chairman of the electoral committee, while Obioma Echeta was appointed secretary, while other members of the committee include; Fatima Saleh, Mfon Nkantah and Johnson Oghale.
The statement urged the state chapter of the party to accord the electoral committee the necessary support and “take into proper account the provisions of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control guidelines for COVID-19 as they concerned social distancing and the gathering of people in one place.”
Meanwhile, list of delegates for the state congress and copies of the party’s guidelines for the election as well as the list of aspirants seeking nomination to contest the state party congress has been submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission.
The list was contained in a letter to INEC dated Wednesday August 5, 2020 and signed by the party’s National Secretary, Senator Umaru Tsouri.
According to the letter, “in line with the regulations and guidelines for the conduct of political party primaries and congresses as published by your commission, please find attached the items required by your commission for our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party, for the purpose of our state party congress in Cross River State.”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC
- Nigeria Air Force officers convicted for financial misappropriation