Estimated Reading Time: 1
A suspected bandit has been killed in an encounter between his group and vigilantes in Garwa village, Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
Residents said a group of suspected bandits had stormed the village on Monday night, killing the All Progressives Congress youths leader for Yau-Yau /Mallamawa ward of the council, Mallam Sadi.
It was further learnt that the villagers along with the vigilantes in the area courageously defended themselves against the gunmen.
A resident said, “The vigilantes killed one of the bandits during the encounter while the rest of them (the gunmen) retreated to the forest without taking anything from the village.”
The Spokesman for the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, confirmed the development, although he did not give details.
”Yes, it is true,” he replied to the enquiry on the incident.
- #EndSARS: Governors directed to establish security and human rights committees – Police Affairs Minister
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS