Estimated Reading Time: <1
Police have taken over the Edo State House of Assembly complex in Benin City, the state capital.
Dozens of the security officials stormed the complex on Thursday morning while patrol vehicles were stationed there.
Sources said the police took the action following a reported threat of an attack on the facility.
The police officers were led to the Assembly by a Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations), Ayoola Ajala
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government