Estimated Reading Time: 1
No fewer than 20 people have been reportedly killed and several others injured in fresh attacks on three communities in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The attack, which occurred on Thursday, was said to have been carried out by suspected militia.
The affected communities are Kurmin Masara, Apyia Shyim, and Takmawai .
The fresh killings come few days after security agencies were deployed to the vulnerable communities of the state to prevent residents from further attacks.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu had directed the Commissioner of Police, Kaduna State Police Command to deploy both human and material assets of the Intervention Squad currently on the ground in the state to safeguard the lives and property of people in the communities.
Following this recent attack, the police authorities are yet to confirm the incident but, the Chairman of Zango Kataf local government, Elias Manza told Channels Television that the gunmen, suspected to be Fulani militia, invaded the three communities in the early hours of Thursday morning, and started shooting indiscriminately at peoples houses.
He explained that seven people were killed in Takmawai while 13 others were killed in Kurmin Masara in what seems like a coordinated attack.
Speaking further, Manza says that several houses were burnt down by the attackers while residents have fled from their homes to neigbouring communities for fear of more attacks.
It would be recalled that the Kaduna State Government imposed a 24-hour curfew in Zangon Kataf and Kauru Local Government Areas on June 11th, 2020.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students