Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ondo state Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has denied planning to drag ex-governor Olusegun Mimiko to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
Speaking through his Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, Akeredolu described social media reports as untrue, puerile and utterly mischievous.
According to the governor, he never threatened to expose Olusegun Mimiko, whom he said has been a friend of over four decades.
Akeredolu said it was not his desire “to travel such pernicious path typical of those who have taken the route of perfidy for sake of their political ambitions.
We have since wished them well even in their self-inflicted tears of treachery and betrayal.
“Clearly too, the former Governor, in Governor Akeredolu’s view, is well acquainted with the antecedents of those who have chosen to embrace any straw, including those they had mindlessly plotted against in the past, to keep their waning political comfort zones afloat.
“Nonetheless, while Governor Akeredolu has nothing against his friend and immediate past predecessor, he has chosen to allow posterity to intercede and interpret the roles of men in whatever form.
“In this regard, the friendship of the duo shall remain unaffected by the current political permutations, alignments and realignment, however impotently strange. Governor Akeredolu shall maintain that cordiality even in the face of opportunism.
It must, however, be noted that Governor Akeredolu remains unperturbed by forces of whatever colouration. He is resolute and unwavering in his belief that a more debilitating defeat awaits those who have chosen to travel the route of conspiracy come October 10, 2020.” the statement read.
- Alleged $620,000 bribe: Court rules against Lawan on no case submission
- FG fix price of petroleum at N138.62, an increase of N6 from its previous N132 – N133
- Tonnie Iredia, says the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has hijacked the duties of NBC DG
- Nigerian Air Force to establish operational base in Gombe
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings