Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Founder and President of the Believers LoveWorld Incorporated, aka Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, has lashed out at the government for attempting to regulate the duration of church services.
The Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 had in a guideline released on the reopening of worship centres limited the duration of services to one hour at a time, and only on Sundays.
In a broadcast to members of his church, Oyakhilome expressed disgust at the directive, saying the government had no such right.
He said the number of hours they were imposing on churches was what they had left in the world.
He said, “We can serve God as he wants us to, not as somebody says we should.
“I am appalled that some people have the audacity to tell us how many hours we can spend in church. How dare you?
“What in the world do you think you are? Your time is short. You cannot tell God’s people how long they can spend in church. If you built the building for them and you are saying you are not going to let them enter the building, maybe because you built it.
“But if you didn’t, you have no right to tell God’s people you’re going to spend one hour or two hours in church. I tell you, the number of hours you tell them they have in the church is the number of hours you have left.”
In an earlier message, the cleric had berated the closure of churches over COVID-19 and some pastors who agreed to it without consulting with fellow church leaders.
He also said there was a conspiracy against the church.
- ‘Sheikh Gumi, others should exercise restraint’ Nigerian Army cautions
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping