Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Independent National Electoral Commission has released the list governorship candidates and their deputies ahead of the election for the exercise scheduled to hold on October 10.
In the list obtained via INEC’s Twitter handle on Friday, 17 political parties had their candidates and running mates enlisted.
The parties include the ruling All Progressives Congress, the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, and 15 other political parties.
The list, which also indicated the age of the candidates, their academic qualifications and their gender, also stated that none of the candidates is disabled.
APC candidate and incumbent Governor Rotimi Akeredolu with his PDP contender, Eyitayo Jegede, were included in the list.
Full list of the candidates and parties:
Rotimi Adeleye Akindejoye – Accord party
Joshua Oluwafemi Adewole -Action Alliance (AA)
Adeleye Adekunle Peter – African Action Congress (AAC)
Adelegan Adedapo Oluwaseyi – African Democratic Congress (ADC)
Martin Kunle Olateru-Olagbegi -Action Democratic Party (ADP)
Olowoloba Dele – All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA)
Aminu Akeem Olanrewaju – Allied Peoples Movement (APM)
Adesanya Olaoluwa – Action Peoples Party (APP)
Okunade Taiwo – Labour Party (LP)
Ojajuni Joseph Eniola – New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)
Funmilayo Jenyo Ataunoko – National Rescue Movement (NRM)
Babatunde Francis Alli – Peoples Redemption Party (PRP)
Fasua Peter Oyeleye – Social Democratic Party (SDP)
Ojon Dotun – Young Progressive Party (YPP)
Benjamin Jairus Olarotimi – Zenith Labour Party (ZLP)
- Kidnapped Jangebe schoolgirls regain their freedom
- ‘The first thing I’m focused on, is COVID-19’ Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools