Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Independent National Electoral Commission has released the list governorship candidates and their deputies ahead of the election for the exercise scheduled to hold on October 10.
In the list obtained via INEC’s Twitter handle on Friday, 17 political parties had their candidates and running mates enlisted.
The parties include the ruling All Progressives Congress, the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, and 15 other political parties.
The list, which also indicated the age of the candidates, their academic qualifications and their gender, also stated that none of the candidates is disabled.
APC candidate and incumbent Governor Rotimi Akeredolu with his PDP contender, Eyitayo Jegede, were included in the list.
Full list of the candidates and parties:
Rotimi Adeleye Akindejoye – Accord party
Joshua Oluwafemi Adewole -Action Alliance (AA)
Adeleye Adekunle Peter – African Action Congress (AAC)
Adelegan Adedapo Oluwaseyi – African Democratic Congress (ADC)
Martin Kunle Olateru-Olagbegi -Action Democratic Party (ADP)
Olowoloba Dele – All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA)
Aminu Akeem Olanrewaju – Allied Peoples Movement (APM)
Adesanya Olaoluwa – Action Peoples Party (APP)
Okunade Taiwo – Labour Party (LP)
Ojajuni Joseph Eniola – New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)
Funmilayo Jenyo Ataunoko – National Rescue Movement (NRM)
Babatunde Francis Alli – Peoples Redemption Party (PRP)
Fasua Peter Oyeleye – Social Democratic Party (SDP)
Ojon Dotun – Young Progressive Party (YPP)
Benjamin Jairus Olarotimi – Zenith Labour Party (ZLP)
- Alleged $620,000 bribe: Court rules against Lawan on no case submission
- FG fix price of petroleum at N138.62, an increase of N6 from its previous N132 – N133
- Tonnie Iredia, says the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has hijacked the duties of NBC DG
- Nigerian Air Force to establish operational base in Gombe
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings