Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gambian President Adama Barrow has gone into self-isolation after Vice President Isatou Touray tested positive for COVID-19.
“The Office of the President informs the public that Her Excellency, the Vice President, Dr. Isatou Touray, has been tested positive of COVID-19. Consequently, the President, Adama Barrow, will be on self-isolation with immediate effect for two weeks,” the presidency announced in a statement
“The public is advised to properly use face masks, maintain regular hand washing and social distancing in the fight against the virus,” the statement read.
Touray was health minister before being appointed as vice president.
She also chairs the cabinet’s special committee leading the fight against the pandemic.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’