Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gambian President Adama Barrow has gone into self-isolation after Vice President Isatou Touray tested positive for COVID-19.
“The Office of the President informs the public that Her Excellency, the Vice President, Dr. Isatou Touray, has been tested positive of COVID-19. Consequently, the President, Adama Barrow, will be on self-isolation with immediate effect for two weeks,” the presidency announced in a statement
“The public is advised to properly use face masks, maintain regular hand washing and social distancing in the fight against the virus,” the statement read.
Touray was health minister before being appointed as vice president.
She also chairs the cabinet’s special committee leading the fight against the pandemic.
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students
- Just In: Unknown number of travelers abducted in Osun State
- Breaking: Governor Akeredolu orders herdsmen to vacate Ondo forest reserves