Estimated Reading Time: 1
The governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, has announced that anyone who is caught moving about without a facemask, will be severely punished.
According to him, flouting the order can earn such persons up to six months imprisonment under an extant Regulation and State Law.
The governor said this at a briefing on ahead of the Eid-el-Kabir (Ileya), celebrations saying that the state will not be ‘celebrating’ owing to COVID-19 restrictions which discourages large gatherings, whether for prayers or partying.
“We will all therefore have to celebrate solemnly with our families, as the Almighty Allah (SWT) grants us the grace to celebrate more Ileyas in our lifetime,” Abiodun said.
“All current measures and restrictions will remain in place for the general public.
“These include: 10 pm-4 am daily weekday curfew; total weekend lockdown; transport sector restrictions; decontamination and physical distancing; restaurants’ takeaway service allowance; measure compliance by industries; and wearing of facemasks, which if flouted is punishable by up to 6 months’ imprisonment under an extant Regulation and State Law.”
“I will not stop appreciating all first responders in health, security and the media, as well as individual and corporate organisations, for their unrelenting contributions and sacrifices towards flattening the curve on the COVID-19 spread and easing the effects of the pandemic.” The Governor said
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries