Estimated Reading Time: 1
The governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, has announced that anyone who is caught moving about without a facemask, will be severely punished.
According to him, flouting the order can earn such persons up to six months imprisonment under an extant Regulation and State Law.
The governor said this at a briefing on ahead of the Eid-el-Kabir (Ileya), celebrations saying that the state will not be ‘celebrating’ owing to COVID-19 restrictions which discourages large gatherings, whether for prayers or partying.
“We will all therefore have to celebrate solemnly with our families, as the Almighty Allah (SWT) grants us the grace to celebrate more Ileyas in our lifetime,” Abiodun said.
“All current measures and restrictions will remain in place for the general public.
“These include: 10 pm-4 am daily weekday curfew; total weekend lockdown; transport sector restrictions; decontamination and physical distancing; restaurants’ takeaway service allowance; measure compliance by industries; and wearing of facemasks, which if flouted is punishable by up to 6 months’ imprisonment under an extant Regulation and State Law.”
“I will not stop appreciating all first responders in health, security and the media, as well as individual and corporate organisations, for their unrelenting contributions and sacrifices towards flattening the curve on the COVID-19 spread and easing the effects of the pandemic.” The Governor said
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter