Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Police in Adamawa has arrested an 18-year-old man for allegedly raping a two-year-old girl in Jimeta, Yola.
The command Spokesman, DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Yola.
Nguroje said that the suspect (names withheld) lives in Jambutu Aso Rock in Yola North Local Government Area of the state.
He said that the suspect allegedly committed the offence on July 28 and was arrested by detectives attached to Karewa Division in Yola North Local Government Area of the state.
“The suspect, whose shop is next to that of the victim’s mother, took the victim to a Bekaji Primary School, Jimeta, on the pretext of being a good neighbour and (allegedly) raped her.
“The mother, who noticed the swollen private part of her baby immediately reported to the police and the suspect was arrested.
“The victim is now undergoing medical treatment while the suspect is taken into custody for further investigation and prosecution,” Nguroje said.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Police in Adamawa arrest an 18-year-old for allegedly raping a two-year-old girl in Jimeta, Yola and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- 7 people have been killed as fresh violence erupts in Kaduna
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna