Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two people have been confirmed dead in an explosion at a shop on Afariogun Street, adjacent the Faith City Hospital, in the Ajao area of Lagos State.
The explosion, which affected about nine shops in the area, started from a gas refilling shop
One of the victims was said to have been rescued by emergency responders and taken to the hospital for treatment.
Confirming the incident, the Director General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said the fire had been extinguished, adding that two bodies were recovered from the scene of the incident.
He said, “The agency received distress calls and upon arrival at the incident scene, it was discovered that there was an explosion at Afariogun Street, Ajao Estate.
“Investigations revealed that the explosion originated from a shop occupied by a gas refilling business. A total of nine shops were affected by the inferno.
The Acting General-Manager, Lagos State Fire Service, Margaret Adeseye, when contacted, said “There was an explosion, we have two presumed dead and one victim was taken to the hospital.
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%
- ‘Omo Ghetto (The Saga)’ replaces Wedding Party as highest grossing Nollywood movie
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari sacks service chiefs