Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Supreme Court has issued a statement revealing that it has no record of Lagos state House of Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa as a lawyer in its registry.
Obasa, a controversial Lagos politician, claims to be a lawyer. According to his profile on Wikipedia and the website of the Lagos state house of assembly, He is listed as a lawyer and solicitor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria even though there is no mention of where he has practised or a case he handled.
According to Sahara Reporters, the supreme court, in a letter signed by Gertrude B. Karenton-Mordi on behalf of the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court, stated; “This is to inform you that we have checked our records and cannot find the name: MUDASHIRU AJAYI OBASA on the numerous Rolls of Legal Practitioners kept in this honourable court.
“MUDASHIRU AJAYI OBASA is at liberty to come to the honourable court with his call to bar and qualifying certificates for enrollment.”.
In recent times, Obasa has faced several accusations of fraud, corruption and embezzlement. Read the Supreme Court’s letter below;
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence
- Niger State Government bans all protests and processions in the state