Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, on Sunday denied reports (Not NewsWireNGR) that he was teaming up with ex-governor Emeka Ihedioha to oust the incumbent governor, Hope Uzodinma.
Ihedioha was on January 14 sacked from office as the governor of the state by a Supreme Court ruling.
Okorocha, who stated this through a statement on Sunday by his media aide, said he had no hand in the Supreme Court suit instituted by the 2019 governorship candidate of the Reformed and Advancement Party, Kingdom Okere.
The statement read partly, “To say the least, Okorocha is not in alliance with Ihedioha for removing Governor Uzodinma or for any other reason. Those behind the story should stop making a mockery of the APC or the State.
“Senator Rochas Okorocha cannot destroy what he had laboured to build at the risk of his political career. He planted the seed of APC in Imo, nurtured it to maturity and it has continued to bear fruits. Those who have benefitted from this vision only need to appreciate and acknowledge who God used to make it possible.
“Since 2013, the story of APC in Imo has remained Okorocha’s creation. And he cannot destroy what he had worked hard and taken the Political risk of his life to erect, for any reason.
“Those enjoying the fruits of APC in Imo or even in the South-East should always appreciate the vision and ingenuity of Okorocha that made the whole thing possible. Trying to change the narrative for any reason, won’t be the best.”
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries