Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian RnB singer and Kennis Music artiste, Joel Amadi popularly known as Joe El has lost his father in the recent unrest in southern Kaduna
The singer, who had taken to his Twitter account on Friday 24th July 2020, to lament the spate of violence in zikpak, kafanchan, had said his father as well as other villagers were missing and houses were being burnt.
On Saturday July 25, 2020, he announced that his father had been shot and killed
On Friday, gunmen had attacked three communities of Zikpak, Ungwan Masara, in Fantsuam Chiefdom of Jema’a Local Government and Maraban Kagoro, in Kaura Local Government Areas of Kaduna state.
According to reports from Daily Trust, the attackers, numbering 30 stormed Zikpak community and started shooting sporadically before they lay siege at Ungwan Masara and Maraban Kagoro. A resident of the area reportedly said the attackers stormed Zikpak community around 7pm. Reacting to the attacks, the people of Garaje, in Kaura LG allegedly stormed Kafanchan-Kagoro road and start attacking vehicles before the security dispersed them.
The singer called on the Governor El-Rufai state government, to come to their aid and restore peace to the community.
Responding to the attacks, the Kaduna State Government has extended to Jema’a and Kaura LGAs the 24-hour curfew that is in force in Kauru and Zangon Kataf LGAs to help contain violence, restore law and order in the area.
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism