Estimated Reading Time: 1
The deputy speaker of the Niger state house of assembly, Hon. Bako Kasim Alfa has resigned.
His resignation was announced during the plenary of the state lawmakers on Thursday.
His notice of resignation was contained in a letter submitted to the Speaker and read n the floor of the House. No reason was given for the lawmaker’s resignation.
Meanwhile, a new Deputy Speaker of the House has emerged. He is Honorable Jibrin Ndagi Baba, a member representing Lavun Constituency in the State Assembly.
This development in the house is coming about one week after two principal officers of the House were impeached.
The Majority leader and Deputy Minority leader of the Assembly were impeached by members of the house over alleged issues affecting the smooth running of the House.
The leaders of the house that were affected are Honorable Musa Suleiman, representing Magama constituency and Hon. Andrew Danjuma Jagaba, Munya constituency.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan