Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has emerged the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC for the October 10 Governorship election in the State.
Akeredolu won in all the Local Government Areas of the State, defeating 7 other aspirants. He scored 2,458 votes to defeat his closest challenger, Olusola Oke who scored 262 votes.
Chairman of the Ondo State APC Primary Election Committee, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State said Akeredolu scored the required highest number of lawful votes and will fly the party’s flag in the October Governorship election.
In his acceptance speech, Governor Akeredolu thanked the Chairman and the committee members for conducting the election in a free and fair manner.
He also appreciates President Muhammadu Buhari, the National Leader of the party, Bola Tinubu and other leaders of the APC for their support.
The Governor also commends the state leadership of APC as well as all the delegates.
Akeredolu expressed assurance that come October, 10th 2020, APC will carry the day
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate