Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) says Kemebradikumo Pondei, its acting managing director, has been sick for two weeks.
Pondei fainted on Monday during a session of the house of representatives committee probing the alleged mismanagement of N81.5 billion by the interim management of the NDDC.
In a statement, Charles Odili, the commission’s director of corporate affairs, said Pondei collapsed because he ignored his doctors’ advice not to attend the session.
“The commission wishes to disclose that Prof Pondei has been ill for the past two weeks. This morning, his condition deteriorated, and his doctors advised against attending the hearing,” he said.
“However, he ignored his doctors’ advice because of the realisation that his traducers will use his absence at the hearing to soil his name and reputation.
“He thought he could make it through the hearing and take care of his health later. As it turned out, his doctors were right. Prof Pondei is in a stable condition at a clinic in Abuja.”
Odili said Pondei who assumed office in February had spent his tenure under COVID-19 conditions.
He added that Pondei has an official duty to answer for the activities of the commission and what happened between 2008 and 2012.
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out