Estimated Reading Time: 1
Damilola Adegboye, the immediate elder sister of Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot, Tolulope Arotile, has demanded a thorough investigation.
Adeboyega, in an interview with PUNCH Newspaper, said the family is not convinced with NAF’s explanation.
The Nigeria Air Force had released a statement saying Tolulope, 25, died when she was inadvertently hit by the reversing vehicle of an excited former Air Force Secondary School classmate while trying to greet her.
She allegedly sustained head injuries that led to her death.
However, Adegboye said the family is demanding a thorough investigation that will convince them.
“We in the family are not convinced that Tolu can just die like that in a freak accident,” she was quoted as saying.
“I know that the military is well trained in the art of investigation, we want them to carry out a thorough investigation that can convince us beyond all doubts that the incident that led to her death was real.”
She recalled that they were together when Arotile received a call from someone that is likely a senior colleague and reluctantly left for the base as instructed.
“A call came into her phone which she picked but from the way they spoke, I knew the caller must be a senior officer calling her to come to Air force base. She felt reluctant and I offered to drop her off,” she said.
“One hour later, I read online that something serious had happened to her. I couldn’t believe that somebody I just dropped off is dead.”
Also speaking, the mother of Arotile went down memory lane about how she gave birth to her describing her as a special child adding that fasting and prayer was her hobby.
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation