Estimated Reading Time: 1
The federal government has officially handed over the National Theatre complex in Lagos to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and banks under the aegis of the Bankers’ Committee to commence the renovation of the facility.
The ceremony took place at an event held in Lagos, that had in attendance the CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele; Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr. Sunday Dare; Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed; the CEO, Access Bank Plc, Herbert Wigwe; Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, his deputy and other top officials in the state government.
Emefiele thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for approving the handing over of the edifice and its adjoining land to the Bankers Committee.
In his remarks, Lai Mohammed described the development as a win-win for every stakeholder, even as he assured workers at the theatre of the safety of their jobs.
“We must transform the national theatre to its glory days. The facility is to be transformed to international standard. The new centre would comprise hub for fashion, music, ICT and will have commercial and retail facilities, among others,” he added.
According to the Minister, “no one is hijacking the national theatre, it remains our national heritage.”
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending it’s Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres