Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has alleged that the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates.
Fayose demanded that the sales of properties confiscated by the anti-graft agency under Magu be investigated.
In a statement on Friday released via his verified Twitterhandle, the former governor said the ongoing probe of Magu, who is facing a presidential panel over alleged infractions, must also seek to uncover all acolytes of the embattled ex-EFCC chair.
He wrote, “There must be full investigation into the sales of properties seized by the EFCC under Magu. Those recovered loots that were ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’.
“The probe must not be just to achieve the sole aim of removing Magu from office.
“Nigerians must know beneficiaries of the seized properties and how they were sold because most of these properties were bought by associates of Magu, including some so-called human rights lawyers.
“These human rights lawyers were his promoters and today, they are the ones defending him because they know that if this investigation goes deeper than just looking for what Magu did wrong so as to remove him from office, their dirty secrets will be revealed for Nigerians to see.
“This investigation must not end up as their usual paddy-paddy arrangement.
“It should not end up as a tool just to remove Magu because removing him will not be enough, the loots already ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ and those who ‘relooted’ the loots brought to book.
“Also, those holding money and properties in trust for Magu as well as those who must have helped him to launder money must be revealed.”
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS