Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Femi Adesina says the president has been fair to the Southeast region in political appointments and infrastructural projects.
The spokesperson said the President has treated the region fair enough “despite the sparse number of votes in the South East in 2015 and 2019 elections”.
Adesina stated this on Friday in a column entitled, ‘Buhari & S’East: Arthur Eze Nails It’ which was published on his website.
He said despite Buhari’s “strong commitment towards transforming every part of the country”, some “people with primordial antipathy” could not see anything good in the President’s regime.
“It is disingenuous for anyone to claim that President Buhari does not like any part of the country, most especially the South East,” he wrote
“69 different projects (were) being undertaken by the Federal Government in South East alone, all amounting to about N680 billion. Of course, top on the list is the Second River Niger Bridge, which was built with mouth in the 16 years of the People’s Democratic Party in power.
“That is President Buhari for you. He gives every man his due, every region what they deserve. Fairness to all.
“Despite the sparse number of votes in the South East in 2015 and 2019 elections, would we be right to say the entire region is arrayed against the President?
“For President Buhari, when he does anything in any part of the country, he does it because it’s the right and fair thing to do. Most of the 69 projects going on in the southeast had been awarded before 2015. But they were never funded. The President reversed the trend, and most of them are proceeding apace, and will be legacies by the time the man exits from office.”
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others