Estimated Reading Time: 1
Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association ( NMA) Nasarawa branch, Dr. Bulus Umaru Peter, has tested positive for coronovirus.
The Nation learnt when he developed symptoms, his sample was taken in Lafia to the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, ( NCDC ) in Abuja.
Four days later, the result returned positive.
It was learnt he possibly contracted the virus due to his field work activities, attending to COVID-19 patients in Isolation centre in Lafia.
Umaru confirmed his status to newsmen, He said: ” It is confirmed by the result from NCDC that I have contracted COVID-19, but I am now responding to treatment.
” As at July 3rd, a total number of healthcare workers who tested positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa stand at 65, public health facilities workers 51 and private health workers 14.”
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19