Estimated Reading Time: 1
Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association ( NMA) Nasarawa branch, Dr. Bulus Umaru Peter, has tested positive for coronovirus.
The Nation learnt when he developed symptoms, his sample was taken in Lafia to the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, ( NCDC ) in Abuja.
Four days later, the result returned positive.
It was learnt he possibly contracted the virus due to his field work activities, attending to COVID-19 patients in Isolation centre in Lafia.
Umaru confirmed his status to newsmen, He said: ” It is confirmed by the result from NCDC that I have contracted COVID-19, but I am now responding to treatment.
” As at July 3rd, a total number of healthcare workers who tested positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa stand at 65, public health facilities workers 51 and private health workers 14.”
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest