Estimated Reading Time: 1
Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association ( NMA) Nasarawa branch, Dr. Bulus Umaru Peter, has tested positive for coronovirus.
The Nation learnt when he developed symptoms, his sample was taken in Lafia to the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, ( NCDC ) in Abuja.
Four days later, the result returned positive.
It was learnt he possibly contracted the virus due to his field work activities, attending to COVID-19 patients in Isolation centre in Lafia.
Umaru confirmed his status to newsmen, He said: ” It is confirmed by the result from NCDC that I have contracted COVID-19, but I am now responding to treatment.
” As at July 3rd, a total number of healthcare workers who tested positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa stand at 65, public health facilities workers 51 and private health workers 14.”
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns