Estimated Reading Time: 1
Following the demise of the Ondo State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Wahab Adegbenro, who died at the age 65 for Covid-19.
There seem to be more cases from the state as the wife of the Ondo State Governor, Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, one of the security aides to governor, and the Chief Medical Director of the University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital, Ondo, Dr Oluwole Ige, were confirmed to have been infected with COVID-19.
It was gathered that the commissioner had been sick for some days before he passed away on Wednesday morning at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Ondo State.
Multiple reports suggests that government activities were paralysed in Ondo State on Thursday following the announcement of the death of the state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Wahab Adegbenro.
The Commissioner for Information, Mr Donald Ojogo, also confirmed the development and said all the aides had begun to go for the test
However, the Chief Medical Director of the University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital, Ondo, Dr Oluwole Ige, who tested positive for the virus, was said to be receiving treatment.
A statement issued by the Press Officer of the hospital, Mr Adeeyo Babatunde, indicated that the CMD was responding to treatment.
In a related development, following the death of the Ondo State Commissioner for Health, the state government has declared Friday July 3, 2020 a work free day to honour the departed commissioner.
The state government also directed that all flags in the state must fly at half mast for seven days from Thursday, July 2, 2020.
The directive was contained in a statement on Thursday issued by the state Commissioner for Information, Mr Donald Ojogo.
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students
- Just In: Unknown number of travelers abducted in Osun State
- Breaking: Governor Akeredolu orders herdsmen to vacate Ondo forest reserves
- Commissioners and special advisers in Osun have been ordered to take COVID-19 tests
- Police arrest sergeant for alleged armed robbery in Rivers State
- How tech giants use “grey surveillance” to exploit users