Estimated Reading Time: 1
Following the demise of the Ondo State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Wahab Adegbenro, who died at the age 65 for Covid-19.
There seem to be more cases from the state as the wife of the Ondo State Governor, Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, one of the security aides to governor, and the Chief Medical Director of the University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital, Ondo, Dr Oluwole Ige, were confirmed to have been infected with COVID-19.
It was gathered that the commissioner had been sick for some days before he passed away on Wednesday morning at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Ondo State.
Multiple reports suggests that government activities were paralysed in Ondo State on Thursday following the announcement of the death of the state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Wahab Adegbenro.
The Commissioner for Information, Mr Donald Ojogo, also confirmed the development and said all the aides had begun to go for the test
However, the Chief Medical Director of the University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital, Ondo, Dr Oluwole Ige, who tested positive for the virus, was said to be receiving treatment.
A statement issued by the Press Officer of the hospital, Mr Adeeyo Babatunde, indicated that the CMD was responding to treatment.
In a related development, following the death of the Ondo State Commissioner for Health, the state government has declared Friday July 3, 2020 a work free day to honour the departed commissioner.
The state government also directed that all flags in the state must fly at half mast for seven days from Thursday, July 2, 2020.
The directive was contained in a statement on Thursday issued by the state Commissioner for Information, Mr Donald Ojogo.
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement