Estimated Reading Time: 1
A vehicle in the convoy of the Commander, 17 Brigade, Nigeria Army, Katsina State, Brig-General W.B Idris, on Monday killed one Alhaji Salisu Ibrahim.
Multiple reports suggests the accident occurred around Mani House Junction within Katsina metropolis.
An eyewitness, Aliyu Abdulkadir, said to newsmen: “He (deceased) stopped at Mani Junction and shared wedding invitation cards of his daughter. While moving to Kofar Kaura, one of the vehicles from the convey hit him and he died instantly.”
The acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sagir Musa, also confirmed the incidence in a statement issued to journalists in Katsina Monday evening.
He said the incident occurred when the vehicles went to refuel and were expected to “pick up the Brigade commander later”.
He added that a delegation of the Nigerian Army led by the Brigade commander has visited the family of the victim to commiserate with them.
He said: “The convoy of the Commander, 17 Brigade NA, Katsina was involved in a road traffic accident on 29 June, 2020 during which the death to a road user was recorded.
“The late motorcycle rider was a 75-year-old man named Alhaji Salisu Ibrahim of Filin Samji, Katsina. The incident occurred when the vehicles went to refuel and were expected to pick up the Brigade commander later.
“Already, a delegation of the Nigerian Army led by the Brigade commander has visited the family to commiserate with them and will be fully involved in the burial.”
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations