Estimated Reading Time: 1
A governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, Olusola Oke, has arrived at the National Secretariat of the party to submit his nomination and expression of interest forms.
Punch Newspaper reports that Mr Oke was accompanied by supporters from the state.
Oke said, “During the last (general) election, our party lost two senators and the presidential election due to bad leadership and anti-party activities.
“I am here to present my nomination and expression of interest forms for the Ondo Governorship election.
“Why indirect primary cannot be used in Ondo State at this moment is that the APC in our state is polarised into two; but I assure you that with a good candidate we will deliver.
“All of our leaders and myself are on one side, only Akeredolu is on one side. Even the state exco- their emergence is still a subject of litigation.
“We are asking for direct primary, that is the system that will give every aspirant equal opportunities if Akeredolu emerges (through this system), we will support him.”
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations