Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Church International, aka Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, has said Lagos and Ogun states have been infected with anti-church virus hence the decision to open markets and keep churches shut.
Ogun State, shares boundaries with Lagos, and home to the largest auditoriums of many big churches, including the Redeemed Christian Church of God, the Mountain of Fire’s Prayer City and the Living Faith Church.
The cleric stated this while delivering a sermon on Sunday.
Oyedepo said it was ironic that while marketplaces remained open and people no longer observed social distancing or hygiene, the church was being suppressed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cleric added, “No hand-washing, nothing, everyone is in the market running over one another every day of the week and there is no outbreak from the market, but there is now outbreak, perceived outbreak from the church. Prophets are God’s voices to the nations. Caution!
“Now, freedom of worship is no longer a constitutional right, it’s now determined by some individuals. It is a hard thing to kick against the pricks. This is no longer coronavirus, at least in two states – Lagos and Ogun. It is now anti-church virus, clean and clear.”
“Can anybody silence the church? No! I have never heard of anybody that God healed in the market, but people get healed in every church day and night, real, tangible healing. We have recorded 114 coronavirus healing testimonies. We got 10 this week. And that is the place that is vulnerable, not the market,” Oyedepo added.
Lagos, which is the epicentre of the pandemic, has yet to reopen places of worship.
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020
- UK Congratulates Governor Obaseki, Commends Electoral process
- APC rejects Edo Governorship election #EdoDecides2020
- “My supporters endured evils”- APC Candidate Ize-Iyamu breaks silence #EdoDecides2020
- My commitment to free and fair elections is firm – President Buhari Congratulates Obaseki
- Edo has decided; Godwin Obaseki reelected as Governor
- @inecnigeria declares Godwin Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party winner of the 2020 Edo governorship election
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Enter Nyesom Wike; Obaseki’s new Godfather
- @SERAP wants Buhari to jettison the proposed amendment to the act establishing EFCC
- Breaking: Governor Godwin Obaseki wins Ize-Iyamu’s LGA