Estimated Reading Time: 1
The immediate past national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has accepted the sacking of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC).
Channels Television reported on Saturday, June 27 that Oshiomhole said he was all right with the decision of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led National Executive Council (NEC) to dissolve the NWC.
The former Edo state governor made his position on the sacking of the NWC known in a chat with pressmen on Saturday in Abuja.
He said, “Of course, we have now been dissolved and I have accepted that dissolution in good fate. I have always assured the President of my loyalty.
“I know it is easy for people to speak of loyalty when the going is good but loyalty is brought to the test when the going gets really tough.”
There was joy among members of the ruling APC on Friday, June 26 after members of the sacked NWC dropped the idea of challenging their dismissal in court.
A National Executive Council meeting called by ousted self-proclaimed acting chairman, Victor Giadom and overseen by President Muhammadu Buhari, sacked the NWC on Thursday, June 25.
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year
- Buhari to address Nigerians for 60th Independence Anniversary
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading