Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Friday, dismissed claims by Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State that 10 governors, elected on the PDP platform, will join the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Governor Bello, during a Channels television programme, had boasted that 10 PDP governors would dump their party for the APC in weeks to come.
Though he failed to mention their names, the Kogi governor expressed optimism the PDP governors have signified their intention to leave the PDP after evaluating the APC and the importance of the party towards national development.
But faulting Governor Bello, the Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Prince Diran Odeyemi, said the Governor was hallucinating.
Odeyemi, who spoke to Vanguard, said: “When the going was good, APC governors were joining the PDP. So, what has gone right in their party that will now attract any of our governors to them? He is hallucinating, he is dreaming big.”
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment