Estimated Reading Time: 1
To avoid what he called “self- destruction”, President Muhammadu Buhari has advised members of the All Progressives Congress, APC to withdraw all pending litigations against one another, and settle for internal reconciliation.
AIT news reports that tThe President’s request for an end to litigation which is attempting to tear the party apart, was made at the virtual emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee.
President Buhari said the electoral gains of the party could be reversed if conflicts overshadow the primary objective of service to the people.
He urged members to refocus on the larger picture and place more emphasis on uniting the party.
He expressed worry over the shifting loyalties within the APC, and inconsistency in leadership, which had opened the governing party to, what he descried as, mockery.
The President said in order to return to the “winning ways’’, the APC must maintain cohesion
The emergency NEC meeting adopted all the recommendations by President Buhari, and appointed the Governor of Yobe State, Mai Buni, as Caretaker National Chairman. Buni was National secretary of the party prior to becoming governor.
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party
- APC was created by people who wanted to get power by all means – Mukhtari Shehu Shagari
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council