Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party has asked the All Progressives Congress and the Nigeria Police Force to stop what it said was an already lost battle, stressing that nothing could stop the imminent mass defection from the APC to the PDP across Nigeria.
This was contained in a statement signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, in Abuja, on Sunday.
The party described Saturday’s alleged attack on Ondo Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi, by the APC, using the state Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami, as “rude and fraudulent”.
Ologbondiyan said, “The thoughtless and rude attempt to use the Police to stop the Ondo Deputy Governor from leaving the disorganised APC is symptomatic of the last kicks of a degraded and derelict political party that is now clutching at straws and can only resort to use of compromised security agents as face-saving measure.
The APC is unnerved because Nigerians are no longer ready to stomach the deception and lies of 2015 as well as the impunity, political brigandage and the electoral fraud of 2019.”
The PDP cautioned the police against allowing itself to be used to subvert the people’s will.
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives