Estimated Reading Time: 1
The All Progressives Congress in Rivers state has suspended the Deputy National Secretary of the party, Mr Victor Giadom, for acts of gross infractions against the party’s constitution.
According to a statement signed by Livingstone Wechie, Media Adviser to the APC Rivers state Chairman, Igo Aguma, on Sunday, the suspension followed recommendations of a fact-finding committee of the party.
The committee recommended that “Victor Giadom be immediately suspended from the party and every party activities for his numerous infractions of the party constitution and conduct, which had caused the party irredeemable disrepute”.
The statement further stated that Giadom should immediately write a letter of apology to the party and also publish the same letter on three national newspapers.
The statement added that the position of the committee’s report was accepted and adopted by the APC in the state after it was presented to the state Executive Committee during its meeting.
The statement reads, “The All Progressives Congress APC in Rivers state has suspended Hon. Victor Giadom for acts of gross infractions of the Party’s Constitution.
“The Fact-Finding Committee of the Party recommended the following measures against Hon. Victor Giadom – that Hon. Victor Giadom be immediately suspended from the Party and every Party activities for his numerous infractions of the Party Constitution and conduct, which have brought the Party irredeemable disrepute.
“That Victor Giadom should immediately write a letter of apology to the party and the same should be published in three National Newspapers.
“The Committee report which was presented to our state Executive Committee meeting was accepted and adopted as the position of the APC in Rivers state.”
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives