Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government, through the State Examinations Board, has announced postponement of the year 2020 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE), earlier scheduled to commence from Tuesday, 16th – 23rd June, 2020, till further notice.
The announcement, which was contained in a statement issued on Monday by the Director, Lagos State Examinations Board, Mr. Supo Gbadegesin, noted that the postponement was due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent closure of schools by the Lagos State Government.
He informed the general public, especially all duly registered Public and Approved Private Junior Secondary Schools, that immediately the State Government issues directives on the re-opening of schools, new dates approved for the examinations will be communicated to all stakeholders.
While maintaining that the Lagos State Examinations Board had no options than to postpone the examinations due to COVID-19, Gbadegesin stated that registration is still ongoing via the Board’s online platforms for those who were unable to register earlier.
The Director also implored the general public to contact the Board through any of the following phone numbers: 08180252477, 08023895717 and 08035190744 for further inquiry.
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss