Estimated Reading Time: 1
Boko Haram insurgents killed no fewer than 35 people and wounded several others when they attacked two local government areas of Borno State simultaneously, sources said yesterday.
DailyTrust Newspaper is reporting that, the insurgents rode on utility vehicles to attack Usmanati Goni, Nganzai LGA at about 10:00 am yesterday, killing at least 35 people, including women and children.
According to a top civilian JTF, the attackers burnt dozens of houses and took away livestock. It was also learnt that the insurgents stormed Monguno town, headquarter of Monguno local government area of the state at around 11:30 am.
It was gathered that the insurgents attacked the local Police Station in the town, set free some of the inmates and burned down the station. They also set ablaze three vehicles at the United Nations’ humanitarian hub in the town.
The attacks came, few days after insurgents attacked Gubio LGA where 81 civilians were killed. The insurgents also abducted the village head and 5 others during the attack in Gubio.
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work