Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company has announced that the price of meters sold to customers under the meter asset provider (MAP) scheme has been reviewed upward effective June 1.
In a notice published on their official Twitter account, the electricity distribution company said the review is in compliance with a directive by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
It said the review was to reflect the recent changes in foreign exchange rate by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The DisCo said customers will now pay N89,063.33 (value-added tax inclusive) for a three-phase meter compared to the former cost of N72,085.68 which translates to a 19. 6 percent increase.
It also said single-phase meter had risen to N48,263.37 (VAT inclusive), a 17.6 per cent increment from the former price of N39, 765.86.
NERC had on June 4 approved the increment, according to a public notice on its website.
“In arriving at the approved unit costs, the commission has considered the recent changes in foreign exchange approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria and the applicable rates available to importers of meter components and/or fully assembled meters through the investors and exporters forex window,” NERC said in the notice.
“The effective date of the new rates is June 1, 2020.”
- Nigerian Government orders all bank account Holders to fill ‘self-certification’ Form – threatens to shut non-compliant accounts
- COVID-19 test: FG to suspend passports of errant travellers for six months
- After US, UK also threatens sanctions against violence sponsors in Edo, Ondo Polls
- FAAC share N682 Billion August revenue to FG, States and LGs
- Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello, accuse US Govt of playing partisan politics- Protest against visa ban
- Nigeria@60 Logo Not Plagarised – Media Agencies
- Opinion: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu…and Edo 2020
- President Buhari has signed the Nigeria Police Bill 2020
- Breaking: Dr. Wale Babalakin resigns as the Pro-Chancellor of the University of Lagos
- CDD Projects Vote Buying and Selling may determine winner of Edo Election