Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has granted pardon to 25 inmates in Enugu, Nsukka and Oji River Correctional Centres.
The pardon follows recommendation of an advisory council on prerogative of mercy, said secretary to the state government Simon Ortuanya in a statement issued Saturday, 13th June, 2020.
According to the statement by the SSG, 19 affected inmates were from Enugu Correctional Centre, five from Nsukka and one from Oji-River.
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives