Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Senate has confirmed Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem as President of the Court of Appeal, Thursday, 11th June 2020.
The confirmation of the nominee followed the presentation and consideration of the screening report of the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters chaired by Senator Micheal Opeyemi Bamidele.
The committee interviewed her and received an explanation about her career, adding that the appointment of the nominee satisfies the requirements of the constitution as amended.
“Having screened the nominee and satisfied with her competence, the committee do recommend the confirmation of Monica Dongban-Mensem as the president of the court of appeal,” Bamidele said.
President Muhammadu Buhari had in a letter urged the Senate to approve the nomination of Justice Dongban-Mensem as the PCA.
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying