Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Senate has confirmed Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem as President of the Court of Appeal, Thursday, 11th June 2020.
The confirmation of the nominee followed the presentation and consideration of the screening report of the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters chaired by Senator Micheal Opeyemi Bamidele.
The committee interviewed her and received an explanation about her career, adding that the appointment of the nominee satisfies the requirements of the constitution as amended.
“Having screened the nominee and satisfied with her competence, the committee do recommend the confirmation of Monica Dongban-Mensem as the president of the court of appeal,” Bamidele said.
President Muhammadu Buhari had in a letter urged the Senate to approve the nomination of Justice Dongban-Mensem as the PCA.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu