Estimated Reading Time: 1
The management of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has shut down the commission’s corporate headquarters following COVID-19 scare.
The coronavirus scare, it was gathered, was triggered by the death of a member of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of NDDC, Mr. Ibanga Etang.
Etang, who until his death, was the Acting Executive Director of Finance and Administration reportedly died at about 2am on Thursday at the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital (RSUTH), Port Harcourt after a brief illness.
The memo was shared online by Investigative Journalist, Fisayo Soyombo on twitter..
An internal memo signed for the management by Silas Anyanwu directed informed all employees that the headquarters of the commission would be shut down for two weeks with immediate effect.
“Consequently, all activities of the commission including ongoing matters are hereby shut down”, the memo said.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits