Estimated Reading Time: 2
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu on Wednesday collected the nomination form for the governorship ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja.
Edo state governorship election is slated for September 19, 2020.
Meanwhile, Governor Godwin Obaseki on Wednesday May 27, expressed confidence that he will win a second term in office amid the crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress in Edo state.
Speaking on Channels Television ‘Sunrise Daily’, Obaseki noted that he is not a violent man but also added that no man can stop him from returning as Edo State’s Governor.
“I am not a violent person. But I am confident that the way I got into power is the same way I will return.
“God gave me power. If he wants me to return I will continue. No man can stop me. Power comes from God.”
Commenting on the crisis rocking the Edo state chapter of the APC, Obaseki said;
“We have always canvassed for peace. What are the issues in Edo and what are the issues that cannot be resolved in a democracy. Our concern is to use the resources of the people to develop the state.
“This shouldn’t lead to bloodshed. We will not accept to be cowed and intimidated because some people think that they can manipulate rules and cut corners.
When asked if it’s not the resources of the people of Edo State that was used for him to become the governor, Obaseki added;
“I have friends with resources. I worked for eight years behind the scene before I became governor.
“So all that insinuations about using somebody’s resources…I became Governor on the platform of the party and I am grateful for it.
“It does not matter whether it is direct or indirect (primaries), I will win.”
This occurred shortly before Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu emerged as the consensus candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja