Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum will on Wednesday, meet to discuss the issue of financial autonomy for the states’ judiciary and legislature.
The financial autonomy for the states’ judiciary and legislature. code-named the Executive Order 10, 2020.
A statement issued by Mr Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo, Head, Media and Public Affairs, NGF, on Tuesday in Abuja indicated that the consultation would be the 9th in the series of teleconference meeting held by the governors since the lockdown, occasioned by the outbreak of COVID-19.
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday, signed into law, an Executive Order, granting financial autonomy to the legislative and the judicial arms across the 36 states of the country.
The order also mandated the Accountant-General of the Federation to deduct from source, amount due to state legislatures and judiciaries from the monthly allocation to each state for states that refuse to grant such autonomy.
According to Bello-Barkindo, the meeting, which will take place at 2 pm, will have in attendance, all the 36 states governors, via Microsoft Team from their various states.
“Among the issues to be reviewed are a number of critical national questions that revolve around the financial autonomy for the states’ judiciary and legislature code-named the Executive Order 10, 2020.
“The governors will also touch issues around the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) ownership, the controversial National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Bill.
“Also to be discussed is the restructuring of states’ loans and the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) deductions,which have been a recurring decimal on the governors’ table.
“As usual the governors will be given an update on the COVID-19 pandemic in the country, as well as review a letter from the National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 as it relates to the pandemic draft regulations,” he said.
Bello-Barkindo added that there would also be a general update on efforts of the Coalition Against COVID-19.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states
- LASU college of medicine shuts hostel after COVID-19 outbreak among students
- COVID-19: Nigeria is not considering another lockdown – FG
- Oyo Amotekun dismisses officer for killing 23-yr-old motorcyclist