Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Most Rev. Callistus Onaga, on Sunday chased out worshipers who were not wearing face masks during the Holy Mass to mark the 2020 World Communications Day at the Holy Ghost Cathedral.
According to SaharaReporters, Onaga, who regretted that many Nigerians, especially residents of Enugu State, chose not to wear face masks, wondered why people were violating the measures put in place to contain the spread of the coronavirus pandemic that had killed 336,430 people all over the world.
Delivering his sermon, the bishop charged media practitioners to use their various platforms to educate the people on the dangers associated with the non- observance of the WHO and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control protocols on the containment of the virus in the country.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains