Estimated Reading Time: 1
According to a Health Preparedness Index published by SBM Intelligence, Cross River is the most prepared state for health emergencies and Niger State has been ranked the least prepared state amongst all states in the country.
The index was based on each state’s doctor-to-population ratio, infant mortality rates and human development indices.
The bottom-ranked states were Kebbi, Kano, Gombe, Jigawa and Niger while Cross River, Lagos, Anambra, Kwara and Ondo were the top-ranked states.
SBM Intelligence said it also “assessed how much each state spends on health relative to its budget to its relative to its budget size and calculated both the proportion of the budget spent on health as well as per capita expenditure on health.
“States were given a maximum of five points based on the average household size of each state, where a lower household size attracted a higher score.”
In Nigeria, Kogi and Cross Rivers are the only states without any confirmed case of the coronavirus.
As of Tuesday, May 19, Nigeria had confirmed 6,175 cases of the coronavirus in 34 states and the federal capital territory.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest