Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kano State Governor Ganduje has slashed the salaries of political office holders in the state by 50 per cent due to dwindling resources caused by COVID-19 lockdown.
Abba Anwar, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, said this in a statement in Kano on Sunday.
Mr Anwar said the action was due to shortfall in the revenue accruing to the state following the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
He said the decision affected the governor, deputy governor and all public office holders in the state.
“Due to shortfall in the federation account and collapse in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) because of COVID-19 challenges, all political office holders in Kano State are to receive half salaries with effect from May.
“There is also a serious setback in the IGR, due to COVID-19 pandemic challenges. Whereas almost all companies in the state are no longer in operation due to lockdown.
“Other areas where the state gets revenue are no longer operational. This also is another reason for slashing the salaries,” he said.?
Mr Ganduje said that the salary cut would also affect local government chairmen, their deputies, councillors, advisers and other functionaries.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Third Mainland Bridge phase one rehabilitation ready in October
- Just In: FG makes u-turn apologises for asking all bank, other account holders to re-register
- A soldier fighting Boko Haram insurgents in the north-east has reportedly killed himself
- Nigerian Government orders all bank account Holders to fill ‘self-certification’ Form – threatens to shut non-compliant accounts
- COVID-19 test: FG to suspend passports of errant travellers for six months
- After US, UK also threatens sanctions against violence sponsors in Edo, Ondo Polls
- FAAC share N682 Billion August revenue to FG, States and LGs
- Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello, accuse US Govt of playing partisan politics- Protest against visa ban
- Nigeria@60 Logo Not Plagarised – Media Agencies
- Opinion: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu…and Edo 2020