Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the renewal of the tenure of Mr Benjamin Akabueze as Director-General of the Budget Office of the Federation.
According to the government, the Budget Office is currently undergoing several reforms under the leadership of Akabueze, towards improving effectiveness and efficiency.
It added that President Buhari gave the approval for an extension as a result of Akabueze’s track record of sterling performance and his achievements.
He was first appointed as a Special Adviser on Planning to the President in February 2016 before he was redeployed as the Director-General of the Budget Office after about four months.
His current tenure is scheduled to expire on June 10, 2020, and with the new development, Akabueze is expected to retain his position for another four years.
In 2000, Akabueze was elected as the Chief Executive Officer of NAL Bank Plc, a post he held until 2005 when the bank merged to become Sterling Bank Plc.
Two years later, he served as the Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State until 2015.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match