Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the renewal of the tenure of Mr Benjamin Akabueze as Director-General of the Budget Office of the Federation.
According to the government, the Budget Office is currently undergoing several reforms under the leadership of Akabueze, towards improving effectiveness and efficiency.
It added that President Buhari gave the approval for an extension as a result of Akabueze’s track record of sterling performance and his achievements.
He was first appointed as a Special Adviser on Planning to the President in February 2016 before he was redeployed as the Director-General of the Budget Office after about four months.
His current tenure is scheduled to expire on June 10, 2020, and with the new development, Akabueze is expected to retain his position for another four years.
In 2000, Akabueze was elected as the Chief Executive Officer of NAL Bank Plc, a post he held until 2005 when the bank merged to become Sterling Bank Plc.
Two years later, he served as the Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State until 2015.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office