Estimated Reading Time: 1
No fewer than 10 persons have been killed and several others wounded following a clash between two communities in Lamurde local government area of Adamawa state according to Channels Television.
Property worth millions were burnt down, after a heavy gun fight ensued between two communities in Tingno, a suburb of Lamurde, the administrative headquarters of local government area of in Adamawa state.
According to sources, the fight broke out over a disagreement on the use of the local abattoir.
Shortly afterwards the Governor Ahmadu Fintiri led a high powered delegation that includes Deputy Governor Crowther Seth, Secretary to the State Government, Bashir Ahmad and Service Commanders in the state to Tigno, to expresses worry over the disheartening event.
He describes the clash as devastating and alarming.
The governor described Tingno as an agrarian and commercial centre in the state and calls on the warring communities to sheath their sword and promote peaceful coexistence among them.
Security operatives have been drafted to the area and normalcy has been restored.
Reacting to the clash, the State Police Commissioner, Mr Olugbenga Adeyanju says the Police is on top of the situation. He however adds that the rate of casualty is yet to be ascertained.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed