Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has handed over a property forfeited by former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, to the Lagos Government for use as an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.
The property consisting of six flats of three bedrooms and a boys’ quarter, was forfeited by Allison-Madueke following an order of the Federal High in 2017.
Speaking during the handover ceremony on Friday, the Zonal Head of the EFCC in Lagos, Mohammed Rabo, said the gesture was part of the agency’s support in curbing the spread of the virus.
He said, “This gesture is part of the commission’s efforts in discharging its own social responsibility towards the fight against the spread of Coronavirus.
“The commission is always committed and ready, alongside its mandate in fighting economic and financial crimes, to also render any essential service that may be required of it in the fight against the pandemic.
“Therefore, the state should not hesitate to call on the commission anytime the need for such an essential service arises.”
Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, commended the commission for the gesture, saying it was a welcome collaboration between the Federal Government and states.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview